VVG | LOCATION INDEPENDENCE
This blog post is in response to Natalie’s 10 Day Blog Challenge Day .
—Today’s challenge–Imagine you are on a long holiday in Portugal (or wherever your dream destination is). There are castles to explore, secret bars to discover, and sunny beaches to laze around on. In today’s post, I want you to write about how you will balance your adventure and work while you are away on this holiday.
What Location Independence Means To Me: Past Goals & Experiences
I am a mother of a six-year old boy, Xavier. When Xavier was born I was working as a Special Education Teacher and running my own commercial cleaning business. I was working seven days-a-week. My family had to relocate, which meant I no longer had my commercial cleaning accounts. I did however, continue teaching. By 2013-Xavier started modeling in NYC. We had to commute from Maryland to NYC often. So often, I put in my two-weeks notice, so I could take him to auditions and jobs. At first the commute didn’t bother us, but those 7 am call-times made it difficult to travel because we were having to wake up in the wee hours of the morning and by the time we hit NYC the traffic was ferocious.
My goal was to find location independent employment for myself, so we could have the money to acquire a base in or near NYC. I lived a ferry-ride away from NYC before Xavier was born and loved it. That’s what I had envisioned for us to be able to do.
My goal wasn’t so much that I wanted Xavier to be a model, or actor; but, to have him incorporate an enjoyable and lucrative career at such a young age. It was more about the enriching his experiences from day one. I want him to inherently know how to live combining: work, play, travel, adventure backed with graciousness, awareness, and spiritual-knowingness that we are here to share our gifts, as well as assist and be kind to others.
Freedom Lifestyle Model for My Son
Since Xavier was born I combined learning during every opportunity imaginable. Traveling, outdoors, indoors, waiting rooms–you name it I take advantage. Xavier is highly-adaptable and learns things rapidly. He began reading by two and reads fluently at a fifth-grade level. With my yearning and determination to demonstrate the cohesiveness of combining a lifestyle full of valuable and rich experiences and opportunities, I chose to homeschool Xavier. I was naturally doing it since he was born, that’s what made it an obvious choice. The flexibility of work, travel, and freedom combined with a quality education is what I chose.
Solidifying, Believing, and Attaining Dreams Is Possible
Fast-forward three years and I have yet to actualize living near New York. I still desire to have a base near NYC, as well as a home in south Florida. I would love for my family to live near the water and have access to beaches, golf, tennis, boating, etc.
The remarkable thing about this 10 Day Freedom Blog Challenge is it has rekindled and solidified my core intention. It has set a fire of inspiration and aspiration to achieve my vision for this life. The challenge has given me confidence that what I desire is not only doable, but attainable.
Stumbling Upon My Tribe
I’ve always felt like a fish-out-of-water, but not anymore. I feel supported and confident just by having found Natalie and the challenge. When I heard her say the words lifestyle entrepreneur and the way she explained how she can’t sit still in one place–I knew I was home!
Legacy and Future Generations
It’s amazing how life prepares us for the journey ahead. I live a minimalist lifestyle. I found I stopped desiring material items and longed for a life of substance. The intangible things, the experiences are far more impacting. After my father passed away, I realized all the love he had for me and life in general. He was a naturalist and after his passing I realized just how much of the truth he knew. He loved the outdoors and nature was his playground. I aspire to carry on his legacy and atone for the parts he couldn’t quite master. I intend to do this with finesse and graciousness and pass it on to my son.
My Steps to Location Independence and Freedom in Life
- Continue daily inspired writing blog and post.
- Seek adventure, photograph, video, and share on social media.
- Decide on minimal amount of candles to release; photograph images, upload to web-site.
- Explore other facets of marketing my lifestyle. Make impacting, inspired contributions. Sharing my life and journey help not only myself and immediately family, but have impacting implications for others that I can help monetarily, but inspiring them to have faith in their dreams and take action.
- No matter where I’m at in the world, I can make exploration a part of my business. My goal is to continue to breath life into my business. My life is my business. My journey is my business. I hope to inspire through my artistry: writing, photographs, videos, blogs, books, journals, public speaking, as well as having a physical product line of premiere and exclusive candles–inspired through van Gogh
- Have the confidence and know I can achieve this!!!!!!!!!!! I am doing this!!!!!!!!!!! Stop being the paralyzed and perfectionist and get ‘er done!